DigitalOcean Apps is a platform as a service (PaaS) offering from DigitalOcean. It allows developers to build, deploy, and scale applications quickly using a simple, intuitive interface. The platform supports several programming languages and frameworks, and it’s particularly well-suited for deploying containerized applications. It is probably one of the simplest platforms to get started with.
Why Use DigitalOcean Apps for Containerized Applications?
- Simplicity: DigitalOcean Apps simplifies the process of deploying containerized applications. You don’t need to manage the underlying infrastructure, allowing you to focus on writing code and building your application.
- Scalability: With DigitalOcean Apps, you can easily scale your application to handle increased traffic and demand. The platform automatically adjusts resources based on your application’s needs.
- Continuous Deployment: DigitalOcean Apps integrates with GitHub, GitLab, and Container Registries, allowing for continuous deployment. Whenever you push changes to your repository, the platform automatically builds and deploys your application.
- Insightful Metrics: DigitalOcean Apps provides detailed metrics and logs, helping you monitor the performance of your application and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to other PaaS offerings, DigitalOcean Apps is quite cheap.
How to Deploy a Containerized Application on DigitalOcean Apps:
- Create a New App: Log into your DigitalOcean account and navigate to the Apps section. Click on “Create App” to start the process.
- Choose Your Source Code: Connect your GitHub or GitLab account and select the repository that contains your application.
- Configure Your App: Define the build command and run command for your application. If you’re deploying a containerized application, you’ll likely use Docker commands here.
- Deploy: Once you’ve configured your application, click on “Deploy.” DigitalOcean Apps will build and deploy your application, making it accessible via a public URL.
Running containerized applications with DigitalOcean Apps is easy, quick, and cost-effective.
Whether you want DigitalOcean Apps read directly from your code repositories, such as Github and GitLab, or from a container registry of your choice, getting up and running only takes a few minutes.
If you want to give DigitalOcean a try, use this link to get $200 worth of credits to get started